Open Modal
On Air Now
Up Next

Unattended grill cause of Grand Bear blaze

UTICA – The massive fire that leveled seven of Grand Bear Resort’s buildings on Memorial Day was caused by an unattended grill. According to Utica Fire Chief Ben Brown, the Office of the State Fire Marshal has concluded its investigation on the fire at the Grand Bear Resort on May 30th, 2022. The cause of the fire has been deemed accidental in nature by an unattended charcoal grill on a porch of a villa.
The Utica Community Fire Protection District wants to take this time to remind everyone, especially as we approach the July 4th holiday, to practice proper outdoor cooking & fire safety.

Recommended Posts