Open Modal
On Air Now
Up Next

Oswego Police warn about fireworks after home damaged

7/1/20 – Photo Oswego Police Department

OSWEGO – The Oswego Police Department has warned individuals that fireworks are a fire hazard after a home nearly caught fire Tuesday.   They say a passerby noticed smoke near the side of a home and alerted authorities.   After an investigation, it was determined that a bottle rocket from the night before had started a fire in the mulch, damaging the siding.  The homeowner was issued a ticket with a $250 fine.

Illegal fireworks are a fire hazard as they can land on roofs, leaves, mulch, garbage, etc. and start a fire.

Recommended Posts