Open Modal
On Air Now
Up Next

Streator Fire Department battles garage fire

STREATOR – A garage fire Saturday was battled by the Streator Fire Department. Around 5 PM they were called to the 200 block of LaSalle Street for smoke and found a two story structure with fire on the exterior of the building. Grand Ridge and Reading Fire Departments were called in to assist and the fire was under control in less than 10 minutes. No injuries were reported. The garage suffered fire damage throughout the building, and siding on adjacent buildings also melted. According to a press release by the Streator Fire Department, they say the cause of the fire was likely from an outdoor burn pit that spread to rubbish around the garage.

Recommended Posts