Local Headlines

Small Streator Fire Caused by Extension Cord

STREATOR – A small fire in a Streator garage was caused in part by a lightweight extension cord.   According to the Streator Fire Department they were called to the 200 block of West Twelfth Street before midnight Thursday for smoke coming from a garage.  Four firefighters battled the ...Read more

PADS Shelter in Ottawa in need of lunch supplies

OTTAWA – Illinois Valley PADS in Ottawa is running short on lunch items. According to the homeless shelter, they are packing 62 lunches a day and are running scarce of items to pack. You can make a donation at the shelter located on 1120 Canal Street, before 9 a.m. Saturday or at Lily Pads ...Read more

Illinois lawsuit filed against top e-cigarette maker

  CHICAGO (AP) — An Illinois teenager who fell ill with a lung disease after vaping for over a year has sued a leading e-cigarette maker. Attorneys filed the lawsuit Friday in Lake County Circuit Court on behalf of 18-year-old Adam Hergenreder. The 85-page suit says Juul Labs deliberately ...Read more